Re: Roar of an Eight / welder

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998 Dent8@domain.elided wrote:

> Tom Mandera wrote
> >BTW, I'm now the proud owner of a Century 230amp AC stick >welder.. this
> >could get dangerous. :-)
>
> In following the adventures of Mr. Mandera, I've wondered how long it would
> take for him to get a welder.  Congrats, Tom.
> Dennis Millward

Dennis - it's always been a matter of time and $$$.

My step father has a nice little MIG welder and (until he loaned it and
then the guy refused to return it) a Lincoln stick welder.. He keeps
promising to bring it by (his stuff is still in South Dakota, not Montana
yet), but hasn't had the chance to tow his semi-trailer of tools over..
or take a few things out of it.

So this promise of a welder has been looming over me for some time...
"Now, don't go and buy a welder.. I have one in the semi-trailer."

Well, the spring mount broke last week, and it needed *fixed.*  I was
faced with renting a welder ($30ish), begging a friend to patch it up
(I knew they were all busy), or pay a welder to do it ($70+ I bet).. then
my step dad offered to buy half of the 230amp stick welder, since his
won't be coming home.. so, once I was convinced we weren't duplicating
what was in the semi trailer, we climbed into his '99 Navistar Eagle
semi, and we drove down to the hardware store to bring home the new toy.

:)

Now to practice practice practice.. then things should get interesting
around here..  *SMILE*

Not sure if I'm still looking in the future for a big MIG setup or not..
maybe this'll do when combined with his little MIG and gas setups..

Yee-haw.

-Tom