Valve Seals

>Sounds like you obtained something very different from what I
>had/have.

>Bill Thebert

Yea they do sound different.
  The first kind I really didn't take a good look  at and it was several
years ago but they were orange and had little springs around the top
which was also around the valve.
   The second set that I installed this spring were thick black things
with two wire type clamps that went around the valve guide.  When I got
these I asked for valve seals for 72 Chevy with a 402.
  Anyway I asked John Comer (haven't seen anything from him for a long
time) if it was possible for the valve seals to be thick enough to  limit
clearances and for the pushrods to bend and he said yes and that some
milling of the guides should have been done.
    I took the heads off to inspect everything, I wanted to see why
pushrods were bending and what if any damage had occurred.  What I found
was that the seals had been beat into the guides or ripped clear appart.
I should have asked somebody about it before doing it.  I saw that it
could be done and I bailed in.
Bill
    Be sure and make a note of the part number of your seals.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]