Re: Weak excuses

Chris & Ranae Procyk wrote:

> Bad news: You'll NEVER be this free again!!!
>
> I've never been eligible for more that 2 weeks vacation + 10 holidays since I entered the big, bad real world (1982).  Somehow, that's what being a "professional" seems to mean... minimum vaction, no OT.  Now I work for myself, and I'm the worst SOB boss I've ever had!!!  As a friend and I call it, we don't take "days off," we go AWOP- absent without pay!!
>
> > Outside of that, I am in school allthe time!
>
> lame, lame, so very very  lame....

Chris and Renae-

I know what you are meaning about freedom-or lack thereof-I was out of
school for ten years before I went back and time is very valuable.  The
problem now is not amount of time, but taking it when I want to.  When I
am out of school, I may only take two weeks a year, but I will choose
when they are!  Right now, because I am in Health Care School, it is
ILLEGAL for me to miss more than 10% of the hours of each class, and my
profs do not have to allow me to re-take exams if I miss them.  They
must approve of the reason, and I don't feel like lying about a family
illness to go get drunk with Fleck!  Well, actually, I do feel like it,
but something stops me!
So anyway, I know that there is no suitable excuse for missing IH
events, but I am trying to be a good boy and vaguely responsible.  I
hope this phase of my life doesn't last too long!

Michael