Re: NWBRU Pics

SLarsonIH@domain.elided wrote:
> I now have over 45 movies with Scouts or IH vehicles in them listed, and four
> pics (Hey, it's a start. Contrary to popular opinion, I have a life and it
> will take me some time to watch and take snaps of the vehicles in all the
> movies) at the top of the listing.

Steve, et. al.-

I was watching TV last night, and there was some comedy special on
hosted by Richard Belzer called, "When Cars Attack."  It was a
commumentary (cross between a comedy and a documentary) where they were
kind of spoofing a lot of things, and were talking about how cars had a
mind of their own and would force the driver's into accodents, or would
drive off on their own, etc.
Anyway, there was one segment where a small pick up of some sort, I
don't remember what it was-maybe a Ford Ranger, was responsible for an
accodent, so they showed an old tape of the owner using it for excessive
work, thus making it "angry."  What was he using it for?  To try and
pull an old IH METRO.  It was a 50's style, that had its grille off and
was masked for painting or something, but it was definitely a METRO.
Also don't know if this is listed anywhere or not yet, but in THELMA AND
LOUISE, as they are driving up to one of their first stops on their
journey-a truck stop or something, an old IH PU drives by.  Only a very
quick and fleeting shot, but it's there!
So if you ever get a chance to see "When Cars Attack," keep your eyes
out.  It is a very dry kind of comedy, but was pretty clever.

Michael