RE: crimping oil pump sleeve

Mike I used a center punch followed by a regular punch. If my memory serves
me right the grove is about 1/4" . I center punched it to get the metal in
deep and then followed by a few wacks of the larger one to finish swaging
the sleve on the shaft. I have run up to 5000 rpms and its been okay for
two years so far. That should do it if not you can buy a special tool or
use a big set of industrial cable crimpers on it. Good luck hope this helps

John Fleck
Back Country Binders