Re: PTO run Generators

Allan:

> No PTO Experience

Me too!

We'll have to get Howard or someone in on this. The only things I know
about PTOs are; they are engine driven; they are on the transmission or
transfer case; there are hydraulic "drives" that can attach to them so
that you can route hydraulic hoses to the item you want to power and
drive it that way, without direct, mechanical linkage.

I've always figured that with the torque and power available straight
from the engine, compared to going engine-alternator-electrical powered
device, that PTOs should have wider uses than the limited amount we see.

Tom H.