Re: PTO run Generators

>How about a PTO driving a generator that you use solely for your 2,000 watt
>amplifier? IH put those in there for some reason.

Hey, this is an idea I've been toying with, but I want a 120VAC generator.
This would be great for when I'm out in the camper, or if you are not
near an outlet and need to run a saw, drill, or other AC equipment.
But, I need to know, what kind of speed does a PTO output?  For
winches, I'd think they were much LESS than engine RPM, but
for hydraulic pumps or generators, I'd think you want to run them
at a high speed (geared up from engine RPM?).
It would be nice to put out 2200 watts with the 345 at idle-1000 RPM.
So can PTOs be had in different ratios?  Also, I have two PTO
ports on the 5 speed and one on the NP-205.  Are they all the same
relative to the engine RPM?  Or maybe on the tranny, one PTO
drive gear runs at engine RPM, and one at tranny output RPM?
I didn't pull the covers, as they were not leaking.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup
No PTO Experience