Digesters on Speed?

     What's up with this?  I'm away from two days, and I come back to
     endless digests!  Everybody has been pretty busy lately - is it
     excitement for the upcoming Nationals?  (So by the time I catch up,
     I'll be behind again.  Life is hard.)

     I finally got around to pulling apart the hub I screwed up during the
     Scout the Pinelands tour.  It wouldn't disengage, so it was turning my
     front shaft with bad U-joints, or maybe even spline engagement.
     Anyway, other than all the sand and water inside of it, the actual
     spline collar in the dial section had lost its feature (whatever it
     is) to keep the spring inside from pushing the collar into the locked
     position.  I haven't pulled it apart to see what was wrong, but
     fortunately had another hub from a past parts truck.  Guess I didn't
     need to take the whole thing apart, but it was probably better to
     clean it all up (sand & metal, hmmmm...) & repack the bearings.

     Time to catch up on the past few days.

     Joe Costanzo
     '79 Scout II