Re: Surprise Canyon

When the truth serum kicked in, John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided> blurted
out...

>>Likewise, John.  Maybe next year we can get you out to Colorado!  I've
>>begun thinking in earnest about assembling a very small group of "hard
>>cores" (3 - 4) to attempt Surprise Canyon next Spring. Think you
>>could/would "pave the way" with George for us?  I'll even offer to let you
>>ride shotgun . . . <g>
>>
>>Bill Thebert
>
>I'll take you up on riding shotgun if John L. doesn't offer me the
>passenger seat in his Patriot as we ascend. Certainly, I can/will pave
>the way with George. He has some stories about the attempted ascent by
>Scouts West, that I wish somebody from Scouts West who went up Surprise
>would clarify for us.

If Bill T. will get new batteries for his video camera, I'll play cameraman
and winch cable boy... but the Patriot will stay parked at George's place
thank you very much!  But I'd love to be part of any ascent party.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    | "A fear of weapons is a
Conservative Libertarian      |  sign of retarded sexual
Life Member of the NRA        |  and emotional maturity."
WA Arms Collectors            |                          - Sigmund Freud
Capital City Rifle & Pistol   |                    "General Introduction
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |                      to Psychoanalysis"