Re: Parking for Ugly Trucks

>"Display only" is for those of use too embarrassed by our lack of
preparation to waste a judge's time looking at our truck, but it still costs
the $35.

Shucks....

Two years in a row now, I've entered my grey '77 in the "show & shine" at
the NWBRU... two years I lost miserably, but hey.. it was fun.  The trick is
to catch teh judges while they're at your truck, so you can hear what you
should fix next...

Problem is, instead of fixing since then, I've only added dents, torn more
sheet metal (soon it'll get cut clean with the Makita), lost a marker light,
ruined a headlight bezel, and generally degraded my truck's former show-room
quality (*cough*) looks.

Oh well.. at least I'm having fun.  ;)

Won't be much longer and I'll be pulling sheet metal off the truck again for
a bit of straightening... just take the big dents out...

Might be time to trade up to an SSII grille, too.. since my grille's cracked
and I've broken a headlight bezel..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
'77 Scout II - not stock enough to win stock, not modified enough to win
modified, not pretty enough to be pretty, and not ugly enough to be ugly...
just like dozens of other 'Binders at the shows!  (well, OK, the others all
had nice paint and looked pretty straight... but I was the only Scout from
Montana... apparently we (ab)use our rigs more than others...)