Re: Ballast Resistor

In a brilliant stroke of genius, John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided>
blurted out:

>Here's a piece of information that only John L. will put away and ever
>use. The ballast resistors on Scout II's is specified to be from 1.77
>ohms to 1.87 ohms. At Dan N.'s suggestion, I looked at a diagram in a
>Motor Manual for an electronic ignition that IH used at one time, and the
>ballast was .68 ohms, but the numbers above are for the points
>distributor.

Sheez... now I'm going to have to actually go out there and measure the
resistance of my ballast resistor to see what the heck I have!  I just went
to a local chain parts store and asked for a ballast resistor by specifying
the make / model IH I had.  I never thought to test it.

Loosing sleep over my ballast resistor,

John L.

jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       |   I want to know the TRUTH about our
Conservative Libertarian         |     government's secret operations.
Life Member of the NRA           |
WA Arms Collectors               | That's why I watch the X-Files on FOX!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model