Ballast Resistor

Digesters,
Here's a piece of information that only John L. will put away and ever
use. The ballast resistors on Scout II's is specified to be from 1.77
ohms to 1.87 ohms. At Dan N.'s suggestion, I looked at a diagram in a
Motor Manual for an electronic ignition that IH used at one time, and the
ballast was .68 ohms, but the numbers above are for the points
distributor.

Got the number from my parts guy who a few months ago told me that rotors
never have built in resistors. Nah, he's a great guy, and these numbers
are right.

I didn't ask him if all ballast resistors have the same resistance, I
assume they don't.
John H.

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
"Perhaps more to remember than ever really happened"
Life Member, National Rifle Ass.     California Rifle and Pistol Ass.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group and MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"