Re: Toms compression test

>Guys:
>
>My two reference manuals (one IH) say that the lowest reading must be
>within 75% of the highest for compression checks. A lower standard than
>10% deviation and one which Tom's engine is well within.

Tom,
I've never seen those figures for compression checks. As you already
know, the 10% range has been used practically forever, and those who
don't read their manuals except when necessary, probably still go by it.
I do.

I'm surprised at you, I would have expected John L. to have gone to look
up what the manual says, just to prove that I'm not up to speed on
Landryesqueness. (having trouble with the noun) Put that word on your
list, Dan N. I think it's quite impressive.

John H.

John H.