White smoke/noisy lifter

Hi,
 All this talk of white smoke, head gasket leaks etc got me kinda worried.
The motor(345) in my '69 1200 was recently rebuilt and has a little under
2000 miles on it.  I never really noticed it at start up but after driving a
while if I rev it up it will smoke (white, blue it's hard for me to tell)
some when the RPM's drop back down. All the fluids appear fine. Is this
something to worry about or is it not even broke in fully yet?
  Also, when I first start it one lifter more than any other seems to
chatter for about 3 to 5 seconds. Is that OK ?  Sometimes when it's warmed
up and I'm scooting around in 4-low I think I can hear a lifter ticking.
Should I be worried?  I know that IH lifters are suppose to be non
adjustable but I thought maybe one just happened to back off a little
anyway. Is that possible?  Thanks a bunch guys,

Andrew Thomas
lynx@domain.elided
'69 IH 1200 4x4
345, 4 speed   "Chickmagnet"
A cop pulled over for running a stop sign.
He said, "Didn't you see the sign?"
I said, "Yes, but I don't believe everything I read."