Re: White Smoke

In a message dated 9/2/98 1:39:59 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
stegman@domain.elided writes:

<< BTW the IHC valve stem seaks are designed to leak a bit. >>

OK Steve, you got my attention, about how much are these thing SUPPOSED to
leak.  Mine have always done it and I figured since the thing was 25 years old
when I got it, a little puff at start up is acceptable, but it has always
bugged me.
I don't have any idea how you would measure the acceptable size of a start up
cloud of smoke but my guess is mine is usually smaller than the bed, but not
by much.  Normal?  Mebbe one of these far more intelligent (than I) IH'ers
could come up with some genius mathmatical calculation to measure the puff as
it passes through the front door at WalMart???
Brian
'65 D1200 4X4 345 4bbl 4.11 the "Taxi"