Shrunken rings

Uhhh, I think we're making a lot of assumptions here... I would do the coolant check before yanking the head, even tho' it's not that big a deal on this particular machine.

Coolant will expand when heated, and, if overfilled, it will overflow impressively, so that didn't mean a thing (since it ain't got that swing..sorry).  My wife liked to top off the '67's radiator before taking off on a haul, and then call me about 20 miles down the road really upset because "coolant's pouring out like crazy!!!"  The WM has an overflow tank, solving that.

I have an old garden tractor that makes a big enough cloud of white smoke that you'd think it was steam-powered.  It's blowby from the rings (as, being air-cooled, it doesn't have anti-freeze), so mebbie that's where the "shrunken rings" comment was coming from.  The tractor's comes out the crankcase draft vent, disconnect your PVC and see what's going on.

Have your oil checked out, too.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto