My 304 stumble

> This one is simple.  You need more gas fromt the accelerator pump.
> 'Course you have no way to get it from a '70s OEM carb.  They're made
> non-adjustable on purpose.  But that is a *classic* symptom you describe.
> The answer is a carb that can be adjusted, or, just move your foot
> slowly. My son and I have had this discussion.  This last technique works
> better for an old fart.

Well, I'm in luck then.  I have a "brand new" (OK, bought in '96 new, but
used for one year) Holley #7448 model 2300 350cfm "off-road only" carb on
my 304.. supposedly one of the more adjustable 2bbl Holleys.

I have no idea which power valve is in the Scout now.. but I also have an
off-road spring-loaded needle and seat to install, and some different jet
sizes to try for better economy and/or power.. so I'll pull the power
valve while I do all of this, and swap up for a larger one.

What's the downside, other than the EcoNazi's war cry, to a larger power
valve?  Will fuel economy drop if I keep my foot out of it?  Naturally,
when I floor it, economy would go down... ;)

Thanks, Steve

-Tom