Re: MSD box

In a brilliant stroke of genius, Doug Rasmussen <76075.2276@domain.elided>
blurted out:

>  Now that you have the Pertronix, what're you going to do with the MSD?
>BTW, did you buy the MSD coil?

When I originally installed my MSD 6A, I went ahead and installed an MSD
Blaster 3 coil.  I'm still using that coil with the new Pertronix Ignitor.

When my MSD 6A comes back from being repaired, at this point I intend to
put it back on my Scout and use the Ignitor as the trigger.  However, I
have been toying with the idea of putting the MSD box on my 87 Subaru GL-10
Turbo Wagon... just for fun.

>  I got a hold of Jacobs today.  How much to fix my OmniPak?  What is worst
>case?  Get this, the guy says "maximum repair cost is no more than AROUND
>$80 to $90" !  Now, what's that mean?  Would $125 be "around" $90?  Typical
>Jacobs, you can't get a straight answer out of them.  Minimum diagnostic
>charge is $32.50.  Hard to pin the guy down as to whether the $32.50 would
>be included in the $80 to $90.  About 3 weeks turn around  time currently

Ouch!  I don't like those sort of answers when that kind of money is being
tossed around... *my* money!

>  Given the above costs plus UPS, it's obvious I could buy a new MSD 6A for
>the same or less than fixing my Jacobs.
>
>Doug, whos is leaning toward MSD.

No kidding!

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       |   I want to know the TRUTH about our
Conservative Libertarian         |     government's secret operations.
Life Member of the NRA           |
WA Arms Collectors               | That's why I watch the X-Files on FOX!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model