Re: MSD box

John Landry wrote:
>MSD units have a 12 month warrantee.  I've had mine for 14 months...
perfect timing.  Outside of the warrantee period, they will repair the unit
for a minimum charge of $15.00 to a maximum ceiling of $65.00, if shipped
to them prepaid.  They will repair the unit and return it UPS Ground COD.
You have no way to know what you'll be charged until it shows back up by
COD (that's what they told me on the telephone).  I shipped mine out last
week and will see what happens.  I'm hoping they feel sorry for me and send
it back repaired at no charge... many companies do such things to promote
good will.  They told me their current repair turn around time is running
approximately 10 days.<
John,

  Now that you have the Pertronix, what're you going to do with the MSD?
BTW, did you buy the MSD coil?

  I got a hold of Jacobs today.  How much to fix my OmniPak?  What is worst
case?  Get this, the guy says "maximum repair cost is no more than AROUND
$80 to $90" !  Now, what's that mean?  Would $125 be "around" $90?  Typical
Jacobs, you can't get a straight answer out of them.  Minimum diagnostic
charge is $32.50.  Hard to pin the guy down as to whether the $32.50 would
be included in the $80 to $90.  About 3 weeks turn around  time currently
.
  Given the above costs plus UPS, it's obvious I could buy a new MSD 6A for
the same or less than fixing my Jacobs.

Doug, whos is leaning toward MSD.