Need info about Scout Diesel ?

Lately I've been in the market for an older 4x4 and I've come across a
1980 Scout diesel. It's got a 4 speed, hard top and "bucket" seats.
The overall condition of it's body is very good for it's age and the biggest
problem is that the key lock for the rear gate has been punched and the
gate is damaged. The engine appears to be a Japanese (Nissan) 4 cyl
diesel. The odo shows about 70K miles.

My questions for the list members are:
How dependable are the Nissan diesels that IHC used.
Are there parts available for these Scouts, clutches, brake parts etc...
Overall, is the diesel powered Scout to be avoided ?

Any/all opinions are welcome.

Thanks,
Bill