Re: Fiberglass Bodies for 80/800's

> From: Devin Smith (TERNOV@domain.elided)
> Subject: Fiberglass Bodies for 80/800's
> Date: Tuesday, August 25, 1998 3:37 PM
>
> Who was it that posted to the digest regarding having some fiberglass
bodies
> made up for 80/800's.

Devin:

Gary Billings posted to the "Tech Talk" section on the Binder Bulletin Web
Site on May 20, 1998 that he had found a fellow willing to make fiberglass
bodies for 80/800.  This fellow (one "Arlen Odegard") apparently has a fair
amount of experience with high-tech composite materials like epoxy,
carbon-fiber, kevlar, etc., and is currently using these and similar
materials to make speed-skating boots & instrument cases.

This message is currently in the Tech Talk archive, and can be viewed at
the URL below:

http://www.binderbulletin.org/cgi-bin/archive.pl?read=5992

All of the responses to this message are also archived.

I can't say that I've heard anything further about this idea, or what might
ever have come of it.  I suspect that this craftsman won't move forward
until a number of people are willing to lay some money down.  I suggest
contacting Gary to see if there is any further news.  His e-mail address is
contained in his message post at the above URL.

Regards,

Bill Thebert
The Binder Bulletin