Re: Fiberglass Bodies for 80/800's

> From: Devin Smith (TERNOV@domain.elided)
> Subject: Fiberglass Bodies for 80/800's
> Date: Tuesday, August 25, 1998 3:37 PM
>
>  Well, I looked at the
> latest 4x4 Power, and there is a  blue-gray 800 in the first feature,
with
> "The Binder Bulletin" written on the back, a Chevy Engine, vinyl half
doors,
> and a body much like the one someone (who?????) had spoken about.

> After seeing that 'glass body though, I'm starting to wish for
> one.

One more thing I forgot to mention . . .

The body on the truck you mention above ("Gryphin", owned by John Comer of
Gryphin Racing in Aurora, CO) is steel.  So is the tilt front end.  All are
stock Scout 800 body panels.

Granted, the cargo floor and most of the inner tub walls is missing;  and
the front-end pieces have been welded together in a non-stock fashion.  But
there's no fiberglass in that photo.

Regards,

Bill Thebert
The Binder Bulletin