Wonderful World of Wedges by Willy

"Willy Cunningham" <willy_cunningham@domain.elided> writes:

>Subject: Wedgee
>
>Tom wondered as he wandered,
>
>>P.S. the "fat" part of the wedge would be towards the rear of the truck, =
>>so
>>the top ball joint would be ahead of the bottom ball joint when going
>>down
>>the road, correct?
>
>nope, fat part of the wedge should go toward the front. I did this little =
>operation (which yielded a huge improvement) about a month ago and the =
>wisdom of this digest (after some debate) dictated "fat forward".
>I used 3deg. shims. Make sure your spring locator bolt is long enough to =
>go thru the shim and into what ever it goes into.

Ahhhh yes, *fat forward* does now make sense.  I was tilting the truck and
not the axle (or something like that).  Putting the *fat forward* does
indeed tilt the upper ball joint ahead of the lower ball joint, right?

"If Rocky the Flying Squirrel had gotten e-mail from a flounder instead of
fan mail from a flounder, would the Cold War have been web-based?"   -T.
Lang, circa 1998