Re: Scary

Well, John. I still have the desire to do a restore of one of my Scouts.
Now the only problem is which one to do. I, like Tom M, have two Scouts.
One of which is running better than the other. Therefore I drive my 79
with 345/auto, trak-lok all the time and that has more power and
traction than my anemic 304 with T-18 and Power-lok. (I know the
power-lok and T-18 make a better trail vehicle.) It's just that both
Scouts have little on them that make them readile repairable. Which is
why I won TWO Ugly truck awards and am going for three in three weeks at
Nationals. My next Scout acquisition will be a nice restorable body
Scout that will be my 'Family' Scout. (Not that I have a family or want
one anytime soon.) I am concidering buying a 4" lift at Nationals
now.I'll need to do somebody stabalisation work before next years Scout
the Pinelands.
   Oh, since I brought it up, let me say that no one did anything to
their Scout that they didn't wan't to. On friday when Roger Jones had
his show quality Scout out in the woods with us we didn't drive on any
ATV trails or go through any puddles that didn't have a by-pass around
them. So have no fear, anyone attending next year won't bo cohorsed or
drug into testing the limit of the IH engineers.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Lexan window's in TravelTop. One
Ugly and Trusty Truck!

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.