disc brake cylinder

I currently have drums in the front from a J**p.  Apparently the previous
ownner
busted an axle and either couldn't find an IH replacement or didn"t bother
to look for one.  So anyway I want to change this axle to an origional IH
44 with disc brakes.  My question is;

What problem(s) could there be if I buy a new Disc brake cylinder and use
it for a month or so until I get my new axle put into place.  What is the
difference between the two.  Will I blow out the wheel cylinders, or not
have enough pressure.  I currently have bad brake fade and either have to
rebuild my current brake cylinder or go ahead and buy my new disc brake
cylinder.

thank you