74 Travelall, NEED ASSISTANCE!

     OK IH'ers,

        Here's the scoop.  Took off the carb.  Didn't want to put
     anything else in the motor that shouldn't be there.  Took out all
     the plugs.  Sprayed sube multi-lube (WD40) in each cylinder.
     Unhooked the coil spark wire.  Turned the motor about 4
     revolutions with a breaker bar.  Put in the battery.  Turned the
     motor over about 10 seconds with the key.  Soaked the plugs in
     gas, and cleaned and gapped them to .036.  Put the plugs back in
     (Bosch Supers).  Crank the motor with the key with the plugs in
     to see if the starter will make it.  Hook the coil wire up.
     Replace plug wires.  Pour about two tablespoons of gas int he
     manifold.  Turn the key, and brap, brap, vroom!  Loud as all
     heck, the motor fired right up!  WOW, I guess the guy wasn't
     lying.  Anyway, It's a carter AFB, anyone hae info?  Square bore,
     and looks like it's all there, except ALL the vacuum hoses are
     either cut off or plugged, so nothing is hooked up.  At least I
     have my '75 to lok at to make sure the right things are there,
     but it's weird, under the hood, as there seems like so much more
     space without a fan shroud.  Took the dash out to determine the
     status of the electricals, which leads me to my next question.

        Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a '74 Travelall with
     electric rear window?  The guy has ahokey ignition switch from a
     lawn tractor or something, and MOST of the things work (AMFM
     factory deck works great! and the stereo effect is one speaker in
     the dash, the other in the back left fender!).  I've gotten the
     heater, and the wipers, etc to work, but I can't seem to unroll
     the backwindow.  I went to remove the switch on the dash and it
     fell out!  He had cut the wires previously.  The three wires are
     hanging inside the dash, and I don't know how to make them work.
     One is live,and I can hear it doing something, but I can't verify
     that operation.

        I also noticed that the number one cylinder is in a different
     place on the distributor cap thatn on my '75.   All theplugs were
     dark black, like a very rich mixture, but not fouled by oil, or
     other deposits.  Is it possible that the guy just put on anything
     in any order?  When you sitch to points, what happens to the plug
     wire orientation?  Do I take out the no.1 plug and look for TDC,
     then look at the disty rotor, and line up accordingly?  Need
     assistance on this one too!

        Also to travelall owners, when you turn the dome lights on,
     does the little map light above the HVAC control light up?  It
     seems that the 'new' 74 dome light activation from the headlight
     swithc, turns on the map light.  I have to get in the truck with
     a hose to clean out the dust and sand, so I'm going to pull up
     all the carpets and seats, when I do this tonight.

     Can someone email me a diagram on the wiring, or a FAQ or html or
     something?  I really want to get the thing running on it's own so
     I can get it out of the yard.  I tried the tranny and it appears
     to work, but the truck is so GDM loud that I'm afraid to run it
     at night.

        I also havent gotten a digest in almost a day, don't know if
     these are going out.

        As always, any help is appreciated.  I need the wiring diagram
     BAD!

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs.