AMC Engine

I am wondering if anyone has an AMC Engine laying around (ie. removed
from a Scout) as I have a friend who just spun a bearing on the moter in
her very early 80's Cherokee. She considered rebuilding it, but the cost
was way too high as she did not want to venture into it herself. I have
never torn an engine down either, and really do not want to teach myself
to do a rebuild on someone elses engine (AMC at that), plus I don't have
the time. With that said it seems that the only viable altenative is a
used engine in decent shape. By the way I am located in Maryland. My
friend would be willing to pick it up, but obvioously not from across
the country.

Thanks,

David Nuenke