Scout to the rescue again.

I was sitting down sunday afternoon watching the Cart race, minding my
own business when I get a phone call. It's my buddy with the 84 Bronco
with 8" of spring lift and 3" body lift and 35" tires. He is broke down,
again. He pulled up to a traffic light and hear a phooom and a shrill
whine of splines grinding and the truck stoped moving. Right away I
said, The back axle shaft poped out of the third member. (This happened
once before) So, over I go with the Ugly but TRUSTY Scout and find him
right up to the front of the intersection so I can't just throw my tow
strap on the front and pull him off the road. So, I get out my BRAND
new, never before used, still in the package, Keeper 20,000 lbs tow
strap out and hook up to the back of him and attach to my New installed
front tow hooks, and pull him back enough to get my truck in front of
his. (My new tow hooks worked good, no problem.) I then moved around the
front and put my cleaves through the two holes on either side of my tow
ball in my step bumper and attached my strap to my buddies tow hooks
(which were welded on) and onto my clevis and pulled him into a parking
lot. Where we decided that we could drive it home in front wheel drive
and not hurt anything else.
   So, for the fourth time I've pulled or fixed his bronco with my
Scout. I love it when a plan comes together!

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Lexan window's in TravelTop. One
Ugly and Trusty Truck!

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.