Scout Digest v. Other Binders

A few other tid-bits for the non-Scouters regarding why there are more Scout
posts than trucks & refrigerators:

Scouts break more often
Less mechanically inclined people drive Scouts (than IH Pickups.. we all
know, if you're not at ALL mechanical, you'd better be rich to drive a Scout)
Scouts haven't had as long to rust apart.. :-(
Scout owners are a bit farther off the deep end, modifying and "enhancing"
their trucks for purposes IH never intended.. very few Travelettes are
treated to custom lifts, buggy springs, double transfer case arrangements,
strange axle swaps, full roll-cages, etc.  For that matter, how about a KB
being modified like that?  I don't think so...

So I guess that sorta explains the whole more-Scout-post phenomena.

Oh... and I guess the other thing to consider is... *I* own a Scout, and I
talk too much...

But, I may be working out a deal for a Travelette before too terribly
long... but my guess is it would remain close to stock... make it a backup
rig to get me to work after I destroy my Scout in a weekend..  as well as
tow rig, allowing me to inflict even more severe damage on my Scout, yet
still being able to tow it home.  :)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs
If a deal works out, that'll be 3 Binders in 3 years....