Re: GPS

My $0.02 (in case you didn't know); don't forget to keep in mind that
civilian GPS units are not extremely accurate.  I'm not sure about the
Garmin line, but most are accurate to within 30 meters, some to 10
meters.  So remember to keep that in mind on the trail when your GPS
coordinates don't match the USGS Topo map.  Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING
beats a good map; other than the one reading it!  Have fun...

> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 14:12:56 -0400 (EDT)
> From: cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees)
> Subject: Garmin GPS
>
> I bought a Garmin GPS 12 yesterday, for the Scoutin' the Pinelands next
> weekend. I have a bunch of Topo maps with cordinanses on them, but; when
> you get out there in the woods with all the roads cutting off every
> which way it is hard to know where you are. Now I know where I am and
> where I was all the time. Cost: $165 at Wal-Mart

Chris Mazur
Department of Geology
Stephen F. Austin State University
Nacogdoches, TX 75962