Re: pink slip needed

Tom Harais wrote:

>But, some of those same people that get all red faced about my cars,
>which aren't in their view anyway, have two or three cars that are
>parked in their driveway or the street at all times. I say, people who
>live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I think that folks who only drive new vehicles simply don't understand
having more than one vehicle per person.  You can explain it to them
in terms of economics (I've got a camper and a travelall for $3500,
it would cost over $100,000 to buy new; or enjoy your new vehicles,
myself, I'll put the money away for retirement so that I won't have
to eat catfood when I'm 68 year old; etc) but that seldom works. Now
I've taken to telling folks that I'm an IH collector.  I've only got
3 so far...And they understand this better.  Because "collecting" is
semi-fashionable, whereas thriftiness isn't.

And if any of my neighbors say anything about my 3 IHs, I'll have that
parts scout proudly occupying a very visible spot, instead of in a part
yard!

I just took that job up in Denver, so I'll probably be selling one
of my Travelalls, and getting something that gets good mileage (I'll
be driving 120 miles every day).  I was looking at homes up there,
and I sure stayed well away from anything that was described like
"Riverview, a covenant community", etc.

Ken Farmer