Swap drive train or body?

Dear IH'ers,

I need some experienced advise on which would be the best way to go for a
Frankensteinish swap.  I have a '73 Scout II with terminal rust in the body
to the point that the rocker panels are no longer existant and doors don't
open or shut without getting a hernia lifting them and pushing for all
you're worth. The engine and T18 4-speed and 3.73 axles are in great shape
for what we need. Then I have a '77 with an almost perfect body, but dead
drivetrain, worn out spring bushings and low gear ratio on the
differentials.  The engine needs some major work and the auto transmission
is slipping badly. So, what I hope somebody can tell me is whether it would
be faster to swap bodies and deal with bringing over the clutch pedal, etc.
or pull the engines and transmissions and then replace the bushings and
change the diffs. I need to do the work myself for financial reasons and I
have to have it all done before elk season, working evenings and some
weekends.

My wife got really upset last year when I could jump out to chase the elk,
being strong enough to push the door open, and she was stuck sitting there.
We both got drawn for elk again this year and I promised her she would be
able to get out on her own this year. The missing rocker panels made for
cold driving in Dec. at 8000 ft as well. So, any advise would be greatly
appreciated. I want to end up with one good, solid ute that I can continue
to improve.  Thanks.

Dave Cox
'73 Scout II, 345, T-18, 3.73's with posi-trac rear, 30" tires on stock
suspension.
'77 Scout II, 345, 727, great body, but dead, sitting on blocks.