Re:painting a scout

* Alan wrote *
Anyone out there ever paint their truck themselves?  I'm
finishing (read:
giving up) on the body work on my truck and want to paint it.
Macco wants
$400 to paint it, with no warranty, and I would rather not spend
the money.
How bad would it look if I spray-painted it?  Maybe I could use
flat black or
dark green for some concealment?

Thanks for all the help,

Alan,

I once spray painted a fender gloss black with paint from a hardware
store, within a month the paint took on a milky gray color.  The paint
stayed on and held up to protecting the fender it just looked funny.  If
I had to do it over I would have gone to the paint store that
specializes in car paint and got a spray can of car paint.  I've bought
this paint from them before and remember it was somewhat expencive
though.  Hope this helps.

Gary Ciraulo
<twoblackdiamond@domain.elided>
*   '62 T'all    *new to me