Re: 1010 Travelall Shocks - Finished

I gave up trying to improvise a good light truck shock for my 1010 when I
discovered that the front lower mount would not accept a shock with a 2"
body.  The smaller that 2" LT. shocks are the same in every way (except
price and color) to the car shocks.

On the positive side; I bought a set of the Gabriel Classics from Pep Boys.
They had them in one day, and they were only $14.99 + tax each (no special
order or shipping fees)!  These are perfect matches, and I installed (all 4)
in 30 minutes.

The ride seems good, certainly better that the 25 year old worn out original
shocks I had.

Pep Boys is on the web at www.pepboys.com.  They took my order over the
phone (others like Kragen require you to place the order in person), and
will probably ship if needed.

David Brown  	'73 1010 Travelall 392/727