Re: Final drive and high revs...

>               I don't know about anyone else, but I shudder to admit this.  I
>had to take my Travelall 392/727 31s, 3.54, to almost 4200 rpm (60mph, 2nd
gear)
>to get up some of the hills in Colorado.  Of course, this was in order to
>maintain speed.  So I would guess that 4500 would not be a problem.
>     -Joel Brodsky

let's not forget I've had my 304 to over 5,000RPM... not to maintain speed,
but to drag race a Camaro... I took my foot out of it after I hit 115mph and
decided that it *might* not be a good thing for my 55k mile motor... (I did
the math *later*, so I didn't *know* I was quite so far beyond redline)

-Tom