Subject: RTI revealed...
Author:  weidenhe@domain.elided at mime
Date:    8/11/98 9:58 PM

>        If this is truly the case, then Tom Mandera's 100WB ScoutII ramped
a 63
>(63" on a 100WB) and my T'all ramped a 61.6 (74" on a 120"WB) so WOW,

>How can these two truck even be close?  I drove Tom's yesterday and it
surely
>rides over things mine might not.

Joel:
  Did you see me drive to the top of the ramp?  I hope that photo come out!
Of course, I have a 131" wheelbase, and the 20 degree ramp at NWBRU was
only a little over 100" long.  Certainly, width makes a difference, as you
can go
up the same distance with less axle flex (I read Bill T's post while on
the airplane)
I'm kind of surprised your Travelall didn't go more than that, cause I have
3/4 ton
springs all around.  Perhaps the added frame flex a pickup has, with
the cab and bed being separate, allowed me to go much further than if
I had a one piece body bolted to the frame, which would reduce the
frame twist that would be allowed.  This might also be where the long
wheelbase
is an advantage, the longer wheelbase gives more frame distance and with it
possibly more frame twist.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup

RFC-822-headers: