Re: Chevy Swaps Do it right!

Yeah, do it right.

Use the IH motor, get a 392. How big is a 392 bored out 0.090? In normal
driving it has as much power as the BB Chebby or the 460 Ford, probably
more.  Ok, so it don't spin to 6000.  How often are you gonna do that??  I
know, I know, another old fart talking.  Offroad you need low end.  If you
want to drag race it's much easier to get a lighter vehicle to go fast
than all this pig iron.

I enjoy passing on the highway without having to downshift and keep an eye
on the tach for the shift point.  Much easier on a crowded 2-lane to have
the flexibility to just mash the gas and have the engine do the job with
no sweat.  Meanwhile I watch the road for idiots. Really refreshing after
driving dinkymobiles that always sound like a berzerk hoover when
passing.  Gets tiresome.  Just spent a week with a rented dinky in Ca.
Really tiring to listen to the engine spin to the redline every time I
want to go uphill, or just speed up, much less try to pass.

Ok, I'm done now.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776