Re: VIN plates

That's normal, although I think it varies over the years.  My '78 matches
this.  The real VIN plate is the metal one on the passenger side;the
plastic one is an FMVSS  (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard)
Compliance label, but it does have the VIN on it.  At some time the VIN
plate became a sticker rather than metal, but I think this wasn't until
the mid-80's so it didn't affect any Scouts.

Earlier Scouts may have the plate in different locations.  It seems to me
that earlier Scouts had the VIN plate on the rear of the driver's door
frame, but I may be remembering other trucks.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 21:35:30 -0700 (PDT) SeaBass4x4@domain.elided (Darren
Sinkey) writes:
>if i can find a ca. pink there wont be anyone looking for hidden #s on
>the frame,motor #s which if you replaced the motor w/another they
>won`t
>match....i went over to look at it tonite and the pass door rail front
>had the metle VIN plate@ the drivers side had a plastic stick on VIN
>plate,,,,,,is this normal? anyone know?
>it was last reg. in texas in 93.
>
>Darren Sinkey/SeaBass!
>Oroville,Ca.?????Where????

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]