RE:Family cage

Tom H. Posted the question:

>I'm trying to picture this.  This is a full cage for the passenger
>compartment you say will fit over the rear seat as well?  Or, is this
>just the front "hoop" for the windshield we're talking about here?

Tom,
It's the smittybuilt front cage kit (SS 80) which consists of two (2) legs that run from the roll bar to the front of the floor in the passenger/driver compartment.These legs are then connected together by a bar that runs behind and parallel to the top of the wind shield.
side view:
	___________________      _
	|   |_______________   \     \ \wind shield
	|   |                              \   \     \ \         front of scout
	|   |                                \   \     \ \_________________
	|   |                                 \   \
factory roll                    Smitty front
     bar                                cage leg
						one on each side.

If you take the forward legs and walk them back behind the roll bar you get this:
                                 smitty bar (leg)
                                                                          factory roll bar
back of Scout

Perhaps Tom Mandera (he has the kit at home) or some one better with words than I am will post a better explanation.

Willy
77 SS II