family cage

Scout II owners,
FWIW

While checking/measuring the fit of the Smitty  front roll cage on my SS II I found that the kit should make a respectable family cage (over the back seat). By attaching the front L legs with the long part of the tube going back over the rear seat and the short part down to the back of the bed. Clearance looked fine for rear passengers and my soft top frame would still clear the bar so it could be folded down. The cross bar (which normally would connect the L legs at the top of the windshield) can be mounted behind and above the rear seat for shoulder harness mounting.

I wish I had purchased two Smitty kits while I was in Colorado.
Willy Cunningham
77 SS II (it's gettin there)