Re: Body Lifts

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998 02:39:06 GMT bobb@domain.elided (Bob Blair) writes:
>Boy, I sure wish I had known to disconnect the rag joint BEFORE doing a
2" body lift.
>But in my case it WAS necessary to adjust the steering column.  After
taking
>a long satisified look at my newly installed lift that Sunday evening,
>found it impossible to steer well enough to turn the beast around
quickly.

Doing a 1" lift got me a new rag joint!  And for 3", I rotated the
steering gear on the frame rather than moving the column--just had to
drill 2 new holes.  But you're probably right that 2" would require some
adjustment of one or the other although 1" worked OK.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]