John H's tank

One day Hofs <hofs@domain.elided> wrote:
>There may be a safety reason for not drawing the gas from the
>bottom of the tank, but I can't think of what it is.

John specified "safety", so for those of us who don't know as much as he's
forgotten...

Potential problems if the fuel feed is the lowest point of the tank:

1)Each morning, all of the condensed water in the tabk will be fed to the
engine upon startup.  (Normally, as the condensate lies below the pickup, it
gets mixed with the gas as you drive, dilluted and passes harmlessly to the
engine.) Another good reason to stay in the desert, eh?

2) Crystaline particles, rust, other solids, etc. can more easily block the
outlet.

Don't miss any sleep, but do keep these in mind if you do have fuel feed
trouble.

Bob
77 Scout II
LIOR