6V to 12V

We got this answer:
> If you increase the voltage by doubling it, you've doubled the current.

And this answer:
>increase the voltage you decrease the amperage. Theoretically, you could

As just a standalone statement, Joel's is correct.  But I think the question was about a conversion of the "sinks" (the gauges & lights) along with the source (battery/alternator).  So, for the simple case of a light bulb of equal power, a 12V bulb will need half the current of a 6V bulb.  And so the same would probably apply to a gauge.  But if you don't replace the "sinks," you'll either burn them or the wiring up.

So when the context of his answer is considered, Dan is correct.

So I also think the wiring would be fine, IF it's in good condition.  A big if.  I have a few Lionel's of that vintage, and they usually need re-wired because the insulator doesn't hold up.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**