6V to 12V

  One major reason to convert to 12V (imho) is availability of parts.  For
example, it seems to be extremely hard to track down six volt lights
without any part numbers to work from.  And finding a new 6V radio?  good
luck!   It all depends on how much original stuff is still in working
order.  Personally, The only 6V lights I've found that didn't/won't
involve asking at the parts desk are the front park lights and the
headlights.
  Supposedly you can get 12V generators (according to Steve Robinson's
catalogue).  What do these look like, and would they be a viable
alternative to an alternator? I would think they would take less rewiring.
-Jesse van Herk
-1940 K2