Re: taillights

Paul, there are two types of taillights on Scout IIs.  The difference
showed up somewhere between '77 and '79.  The older style is a metal
"cup" with the plastic lens that covers it.  The more recent type is
a one piece plastic taillight.

For the older style, the light bulb holders are permanently mounted into
the metal "cup".  Trace the wires back to the electrical harness, and
you'll find that you can unplg the whole assembly, and pull the cup out w/
the light holders, and about a foot of wire.

For the newer style, the light bulb holders twist out of the plastic
tail light.  Just tuck these back into the body, and paint away.

Caesar
http://lava.american.com:8080/scout