Re: '63 Pickup wheels

Ahh, the infamous Big 6 bolt pattern wheels.

This was more common in the 40s and 50s.  By the late 60s, I think IH and
Jeep (M-715 and 1 ton J trucks, both split rim type) were the only trucks
left using the Big 6 bolt pattern.

The only after-market wheel I know of is made by Stockton Wheel in Stockton
CA.  They have a picture on their web site.  As you can see it does not
look like a stock wheel.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/4x4wheels.htm

I've heard a rumor (UNCONFIRMED) that the Mercedes Unimog uses this bolt
pattern.  Verify this before you spend your $$$.  The U-Mog wheels take 18
or 20 inch tires, which are hard to find.

http://www.unimogwherehaus.com/parts404c1.html

At last year's Nats there was gentleman with a beautiful 60 something red
pickup who made his own.  He took 16 inch split rim centers and welded them
to new 16x7 F-350 Ford rims.  They looked great!

IH used non split rim wheels  (tubeless) in this pattern in 16.5, 17.5 and
19.5 diameters.  These were not common at the time, and are hard to find
now.

IH also used 16, 17, and 18 inch split rim (tube-type) wheels.

I have some of the 16.5s and the 17.5s.  It took me quit a while to acquire
them.  They are not for sale.

Madison's Outback sometimes has some of these wheels in stock.

Dave Read
Chicago