Re: 4x4 Illiterate

Jeremy
   The rag joint is the rubber joint in your steering column. It is
located just before the steering box. Just undo the bolts through the
rubber portion and seperat it. I would recommend actually replacing the
rag joint while you have it opened since it in all likelihood 20 years
old. I think you have to get the GM style rag joint. Check either the
Binder Buletin FAQ or Jim Weeds page for a part number.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Lexan window's in TravelTop. One
Ugly and Trusty Truck!

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.