'63 Pickup Wheels

I am considering purchasing a 1963 3/4 ton IH pickup, very well used but the
price is right ($750 o.b.o.). I need some to go pick up the engine for my '74
SII when the machine shop is done with it, as well as a running IH to drive to
Monroe (20 min. drive from home).

My questions: the tires are in such bad shape they could be the originals.
They are 7.50x16 on a 6 bolt rim, are these the split rims I have heard
discussed? How can I tell? What is wrong with split rims anyway? If they are
split rims and I need to replace them, is it a unique bolt pattern or can I
find replacement wheels? It appears to have a Dana 60 FF rear end (2WD) if
that helps.

If I get this this truck I'll be sure to let everyone know where to find the
(also well used) '71 Travelall 1100 for $650 that I am also considering. It is
about 25 mins. from Monroe.

Jeff Taylor
'74 SII
'97 TJ