Distributor advance spring

Hi, all

Just a small question- is anyone out there familiar with the innards of a
stock Scout II ('73) Holley distributor?  I took the thing apart to clean it
up / regrease it, and I found something kind of odd- one of the centrifugal
advance weight springs is pretty loose on its post (and the other is much
tighter).  Is this normal?  I didn't want to mess with it too much, so I put
it back together and reinstalled. Runs pretty much the same now as before.
Anyhow, I'm  pretty unfamiliar with distributor guts and how they work, so
I'm a bit lost on this one.  Thanks

P.S.- does anyone by chance have a working  Scout II windshield wiper switch
that they could bring to the NWBRU?  The washer function is inoperable on
mine and I'd like to find one that does...

Matt Neff
Corvallis, OR