Travelall Shocks Update

The search for Travelall shocks continues.  What I have found out from the
digest members, and others is that shocks are readily available for the 1110
and 1210, and the rear only of the 1010.

Regarding the front shocks for the 1010, that I and others are looking for -
the only thing potentially available is a Gabriel "Classic".  Sears
automotive says they can still get these in around three weeks.  JC Whitney
says they can no longer get theses at all. Those that have used the Classic
on the 1010 Travelall were not impressed - too soft.  This is probably
because it is a car shock not a light truck type.

What makes this shock unique is that it has studs on both ends (loops on
both ends, or one stud and one loop are more common).

A possible solution is to cross drill the lower shock absorber mounting
bracket to accept a cross bolt for the loop type shock, and find a more
common LT shock.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
David Brown '73 1010 Travelall 392/727